Wednesday, March 21, 2007

An Inconvienient Truth for Al Gore


I feel bamboozled… For the past 21 years I have been a BRR (Born and Raised Republican). Consequently, I was hesitant to embrace anything Al Gore might have to say. Despite the guilt inevitable in abandoning my parent’s political passions, a few months ago I locked myself in my room to watch Gore’s environmental propaganda film “An Inconvenient Truth.” It is in my nature to question everything around me. I have a hard time embracing anything without proof (preferably scientific). This is possibly why I struggle everyday with the existence of God… but that is for another blog. However, after watching Gore’s film, which was full of seemingly precise scientific data, witty anecdotes, moral questions, and even a sense of humor (I wasn’t aware Gore had one), I was convinced… We were going to provoke the end of the world unless we changed our habits dramatically. My friends and family thought I was possessed by a democratic demon when I began spreading the environmental gospel of Gore. I made everyone I knew watch the movie and encouraged them to evaluate their impact on the environment. I wasn’t going to buy a Hybrid or anything, haha, but I was now at least willing to give my roommate a ride to class in my patriot mobile (chevy tahoe for all you non-troop supporters).

However, recently another inconvenient truth was exposed which compromises everything Gore advocates and exposes him to be quite the environmental hypocrite. Armed with Gore's utility bills for the last two years, the Tennessee Center for Policy Research exposed that the gas and electric bills for the former vice president's Tennessee home devoured nearly 221,000 kilowatt-hours in 2006, more than 20 times the national average of 10,656 kilowatt-hours. The Center claims that Nashville Electric Services records show the Gores in 2006 averaged a monthly electricity bill of $1,359 for using 18,414 kilowatt-hours, and $1,461 per month for using 16,200 kilowatt-hours in 2005. That averages out to be $29,268 in gas and electric bills for the Gores in 2006, $31,512 in 2005.

Come on Al Gore, I trusted you… Even after everyone warned me of the deceiving nature of DemocRATS, I took it upon myself to abandon my political loyalties and do your bidding. I want my $21.99 plus tax back that I wasted on your film and considering your electric bill I think you can afford it.


1 comment:

The Red Mieni said...

Who would win a dance off, you or Stevie?
http://theredmieni.blogspot.com/2012/05/bachelorette-blog-i-think-that-being.html